Every one of us is aware about the reality of death. It is unavoidable and all consider it as an obnoxious event in our existence. Sad to say, this event could lead financial trouble for families who leave behind. OWWA is aware about this and provides member’s beneficiary a burial benefit to augment funeral expenses.
OWWA Burial Benefit of P20,000.00 shall be provided in case of the member’s death.
Below are the requirements for claiming insurance and burial benefits.
Basic Requirements for Life Insurance, Disability, Dismemberment and Burial Benefits:
1. Passport (for Land-based OFW), and Seaman’s Service Record Book (for Sea-based OFW)
2. Certificate of Membership issued by the OWWA Membership Processing Center (MPC)
3. OFW/Seaman’s undertaking executed by claimant (for Death claim)
Documentary Requirements for Life Insurance Benefits:
1. Original Death Certificate issued by Local Civil Registrar (LCR) or Authenticated by National Statistic Office (NSO) or Foreign Death Certificate for OFW who died abroad and accident report for death due to accident
2. Burial Permit
3. Official receipt of funeral expenses
4. ID picture of claimant (2 pieces
5. Any of the following applicable documents certified by LCR or NSO:
-Birth certificate of OFW – if claimant is the mother or Father
-Birth certificate of child and death certificate of deceased spouse, if claimant is the child
-Certificate of no marriage
In the absence of birth/marriage certificate, the following must be submitted:
1. Certificate from LCR that fact of marriage/birth is not recorded in the civil registry
2. Baptismal/marriage certificate certified by the Parish priest /office
3. Affidavit of two (2) disinterested persons re: facts of birth/marriage and claimant’s relationship to the deceased
Documentary Requirements for Disability Benefit
1. Foreign medical certificate
2. Medical certificate issued by the local attending Physician with medical examination procedure, e.g., X-ray, MRI, CT Scan
3. Accident report
Any 2 (original and valid copy) of the following:
2. Office ID
3. Postal ID
4. Driver’s license
5. Original NBI clearance
6. Senior Citizenship ID
This information is lifted from www.owwa.gov.ph. If you have any further queries on this matter, don’t hesitate to use OWWA 24/7 Hotline.
Did you find this article helpful? If so, please let others know.